February 21, 2012

Closer to the edge








































As I woke up, the first thought that came to mind is that Ive got only 10 more months of freedom left! Time flies~ Last Friday my coursemates and I celebrated our one month anniversary here in London ;) We went over Lilian's flat house, most drank wine, some like me ate avocado hummus w crackers SEDAP OKAYY Basically we were gearing up for the Claddagh Ring pub next to uni. The moment I enter the pub somehow I knew twas Irish. The DJ was spinning really good songs from 90s till present and the ambiance was entertaining. Would definitely love to go again!

So Wednesday is yoga day. Usually I get up 830-10am, depending how late I sleep the night before, eat my cereal or toast, skype with skas or family, get dressed for class and gym, and head towards the fitness pod. It used to take 30mins to walk to uni, considering its up the hill! Its def a workout for me to go and come back edi. Now it takes me 20mins yeayy As I was walking, this random homeless guy asked me whether I have a cigarette and that he was super desperate. I look at him and said, does my face make you crave one? cos I aint got any. This was not the first time. I experienced it once in the USA. So weird la. Anyway, my yoga instructor looks so cool with her big ass rasta. She also reminds me of Nasi Goreng Cili Padi at rasta ttdi oh so sedaaaap :(

For the past 2 days I had Ashley come over my place for rice with Ayam Masak Lemak & Ayam Masak Tomatoe Pedas. I added potatoe, tomatoe, long beans and more cili padi hehe its so sedap I always finish 4 pieces of chicken at one time yummm Mind you my lunch time has changed drastically since I got to London. From the usual 12pm to almost 4pm! I actually enjoy cooking now. Quite excited to cook too :) Made a few mistakes but nothing girls cant learn. Asalkan masak wa makan saja gituuu.

Last saturday I met Shadz at Marriot Heathrow! Twas refreshing to meet your best friend under the circumstances. I mean what are the odds that you meet the closest people to you when youre miles away from home :)) After sharing hugs and conversations, we hung out at a place near the hotel. The day after we took the train to Oxford St. and Knightsbridge where Harrods is situated. We had osem tea and scones at The Tea Room! I feel in love with rose petal jam~ Thanks Shadz for sharing your experience in long distance relationship.

Today out of the blue, my flatmates both asked me about my "boyfriend". So did Ashley. I didnt know what to say really except that I was back to being single. Nothing I havent experienced before tho. Starting over could be hard for everyone, especially when theyre not around the people that theyre familiar of. But surpringly my friends here gave good advise. My friends and family back home gave me even more great advise! Thank you so much guys for layaning my miserable days. Im recovering faster than I did before, insyaAllah itll pass me smoothly. Come to think about it, its going to be kinda exciting to see what other people have to offer. But I never thought that 2 people like us can drift apart so soon and so mercilessly. Boy I just didnt read the signs! And I should be able to since its my second serious relationship. Truthfully starting over can be quite exhausting. I know why it didnt work out the 1st time. But this? Kinda gives me the creeps. If he doesnt know him, that means I sure as hell dont know him. Im not gonna stick around and linger til they figure out? Unless its worth my time and effort of course.

He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool, shun him; He who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him; He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep, wake him; He who knows, and knows that he knows, is wise, follow him. -Persian proverb

I really hope the next guy can step up his game and not be so uncertain about who he is and what he wants in life. We are older and hopefully much wiser. Quit wasting our time la ryte? You have no idea how fortunate you are having girls like me, loving you unconditionally. Many look for a lifetime for the sacred bond between love and respect. Only a fool would ignore and let go something so genuine. But I guess there's a reason for everything. Everything we want and need in life can only be obtained AND maintained through undivided and indefinite determination. I didnt sum him up when we first met. I should have. Conclusion: no happy ending for people who doesnt want a happy ending.

Almost forgot this famous chinese proverb! "If a man fools me once, shame on him. If he fools me twice, shame on me". It refers to the same man and not any man in general ryte? ;)

1 comment:

Sometimes said...

An excerpt from madrasatii.wordpress.com:
'Times bring with it strange things, on us and on the people around us. sometimes no matter how much we take the lesson of history, time would always take us surprisingly. whenever we think we are 'mature' enough, there are always time that we look back and think how could it be different from what we intended. For there are many things that our mind, no matter how brilliant, cannot take into account.It does show the limit of us man, and how stupid sometimes we are regarding our ability. So how do we face time, every day and every second of our lives? Well I don't know about you, but i has mine.

“All kinds of lanterns, All kinds of lanterns, All kinds of lanterns light up the dark,
but there’s only one god, only one god has a place in my heart’
All kind of roses
Yusuf Islam